The bathroom is one of the most commonly renovated rooms, understandably so after who wouldn’t want to relax in a spa tub after a long day at work.
If you live in an apartment or not having the budget to gut your bathroom, don’t despair you can still make it look good. Here are some quick and easy bathroom upgrades you can accomplish in an afternoon or at most a weekend. You can give your bathroom a face lift and spend less than $100 doing it and the best part…no contractor is required.
Here are quick and easy bathroom upgrades:
- Get new accessories. You can head off to your favorite bath store and grab a new accessories to spruce up that vanity. Find a unique looking soap dish, instead of a tooth brush holder use a mason jar.
- Get rid of the clutter. If your countertop is filled with make up, half a tube of toothpaste and other clutter, it is time to clean it up. Grab some stylish bottles and containers, it if isn’t an absolute necessity stick in the medicine cabinet.
- Get some artwork for the walls. Add some pictures to the walls or around the vanity, find art that can handle the humidity, sculptures will work too.
- Soften the light with a lamp. Adding a table lamp will soften the room and it’s easier to relax in the bath and don’t want a glaring light overhead.
- Steal from the rest of the house. That doesn’t mean putting the sofa in there but steal a side table, chair or stool. Use it to hold a plant, books or even a bottle of wine.
- Get a new mirror. The mirror serves as a focal point, change the mirror and it will change the whole dynamic of the bathroom.
- Get some flowers. Orchids look beautiful and you can grab one at the grocery store that lasts forever, if orchids aren’t to your taste then try some bamboo instead.
- Get a stylish shower curtain. Now is the time to ditch the icky shower liner and brighten up the room with some color. Change the shower curtain for something new and bright
- New bathmat and towels. Since the shower curtain is on the way out throw the bathroom mat out too. Don’t replace it with the same thing, try something different, try mold resistant wood.
- Paint the room. Fresh paint can make your bathroom bigger and brighter, and you can paint the cabinets in most cases too.